Welcome to Chuckonia! Off and on, this is the online base for my random ramblings, tales of fatherhood, issue opinions, and commentary on the world in which I grew up and live. Hope you find something you like. Thanks for reading!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

We’re Back! And, There’s One More of Us Now!

To ye few but formerly faithful who read this blog from its beginning, or picked it up along the way since 2005 because someone told you about it, or you saw it on my Facebook page or something, there are two important words – WE’RE BACK.  If you read the last post, you know that the death of my friend Austin Ahanotu prompted my return to the virtual pen and paper.  In feeling the need to write down some thoughts and memories (and actually doing it this time), I was brought back to that general desire to share thoughts and ideas on any random topic, as I did before.  In my nearly three years away from the Chuckonian Federation, much has happened, things that one wouldn’t necessarily write about in the moment, but about which much can be written in reflection.  My whole life has changed, and the greatest change is that there is now an heir to Chuckonia.  My son, Joey Grimes, is already 2 years old!  He is such a great kid and will grow to be a much better man than me one day.  As much as I hope to guide and help and teach him in the years to come, I know that he will teach me just as much.  He already has.  Sometimes, I’ll write about that – the fun of being Joey’s dad, the things we do together, the life of a single dad, the way I now see the world since I get to observe it along with someone just starting out.  And, of course, I’ll share some opinions on politics, faith, popular culture, and anything else that pops into my random mind.  Drop me a line if you have an idea.  I’d love to build upon a suggestion.  Welcome back to Chuckonia!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Boyd said...

I'll read your blog, my old friend!

1:19 PM

 
Anonymous Teresa Grimes said...

"Good job, Daddy"

10:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home